Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blue and Pink Mouths, but why?

Yesterday 3L came home with blue and pink mouths.
6 Children brushed their teeth so we could compare their teeth to others in the class who had not brushed their teeth.Then they all chewed a dentist tablet that dyed all the plaque (bad bacteria and food) on their teeth blue or pink.

Results - the children who brushed their teeth has only pink teeth and not very much. Everyone who did not brush their teeth had blue and pink, some more than others. This meant they had plaque on their teeth.

What is so bad about plaque in your mouth?

Pink was not so bad and if brushed off will not harm teeth. Blue was bad beacuse it was old plaque and would, if not removed immediately, cause tooth decay.3L made a video drama to explain tooth deacy. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think it is funny whenh you have blue and pink teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, I wonder how clean my teeth are, I will clean the really well tonight so I don't have any plaque on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I learned something new from it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video! I learned something new too! Good reminder on how important it is to keep our teeth clean and healthy. I now just made appointments for our family to go to the dentist for a check-up. :-)"

    ReplyDelete